What does it cost to become a consultant?
New Consultant Kits include display titles and business supplies carefully selected
to ensure success. New Consultants joining Usborne Books & More can choose between
two kit options:
- The New Consultant Mini Kit is available for $75 plus tax and free shipping! Valued at over $175, the New Consultant Mini Kit includes a display set featuring ten titles from various popular series plus business supplies. Business Supplies include: UBAM Catalogs 5/pk, Mini Catalogs 20/pk, Customer Order Forms 50/pk, Host Guides 10/pk, 6-Month E-Business Package, and Branded Box (where available).
- The New Consultant Kit is available for $125 plus tax and free shipping! Valued at over $280, the New Consultant Kit includes a display set featuring twenty titles from various popular series plus business supplies. Business Supplies include: UBAM Catalogs 5/pk, Mini Catalogs 20/pk, Customer Order Forms 50/pk, Host Guides 10/pk, 6-Month E-Business Package, Branded Box (where available).
New Consultants can upgrade their New Consultant Kit or New Consultant Mini Kit with an optional add-on:
- Add-on 10 catalogs featuring our full line of Usborne and Kane Miller books for just $12.00 plus tax (shipping is included).
The titles are yours to keep - so there is absolutely no risk in giving Usborne
Books & More a test-drive! The commission you will earn for your first 2 shows will
exceed your investment! Every month there is a special for the kit that may include
discounted shipping, or refunds. Ask your consultant for details.
How is this different from other home show businesses?
We offer a product that everyone needs! Books are right up there with food and clothing! Even if your guests do not have children of their own, they will need to buy gifts for the children in their life. Children grow up fast and are constantly need new books. Children grow up fast and are constantly needing new books.
I am not a “Sales Person”. Can this still work for me?
Yes! Very few of us are naturally born salespeople! In fact, most people join Usborne Books & More without any sales experience. We have many homeschoolers, mothers of school-aged and young children, people who already work full- time, professionals with PhD degrees, retirees and people who just love the books. There are no set time requirements. You may work as much or as little as you want. However, your earning will be directly proportional to your efforts. We believe in building relationships. You are simply sharing your favorite books and helping others choose books for the kids in their life. Your enthusiasm and the books will speak loud and clear.
How will I be supported?
You are not alone! There are a multitude of training opportunities available with Usborne Books & More. Whatever your learning style and schedule permits, there is something for you! Your kit will include a Consultant Guide with great information. Your Team Leader can provide personalized training and is excited to help you.
What is the model of this kind of business?
Usborne Books & More is a Direct Selling business. The business is designed to be easily run from your home, with NO inventory required. Our various marketing opportunities include:
- Parties – Parties can be held both in the home and online! The host earns a generous amount of free and discounted books.
- Book Fairs –Set up display of books plus an online event for a private or public school, hospital, daycare, preschool, home school group or other organization. They can earn up to 50% in free books based on their sales.
- Reach for the Stars!! – A pledge-based reading incentive program that gives at least 100% back to the organization in the form of books and/or cash.
- Cards for a Cause – A unique program with value-for-money boxed greeting cards and a high return rate to the organization raising funds.
- Literacy for a Lifetime – A 50% matching grant program partnering with businesses, foundations and individuals to help support organizations that are working to increase literacy in your community.
How much money can I make?
The income opportunity is limitless! Through our various marketing opportunities you’ll earn an average of 25% commission based on your sales volume. When you choose to become a Team Leader, you’ll make even more. We have one of the most generous compensation plans of any direct sales company. You will find this business to be quite lucrative. The average income of a party is $100.
What is the Write Your Own Success Story program?
Write Your Own Success Story is an incentive program for new Consultants designed to encourage and reward early accomplishments with business building tools to ensure continued success. Within your first 30 days, you can earn a refund on your kit! During your first 12 weeks you can earn Success Kits valued at $50 each, free books of your choice, plus cash bonuses as you build your business. Your Team Leader can answer other questions you may have about this exciting program. Are there monthly sales quotas I must meet? No! How refreshing to work your business at your pace! This business is flexible and family friendly. Usborne Books & More does offer additional bonuses and awards each month with minimum sales.
What are some other benefits of becoming a consultant with Usborne Books & More?
Free books for your family, luxury vacations, exciting awards through monthly Home Office Challenges, national recognition, access to Usborne Books & More endorsed health and life insurance programs, the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others by encouraging a love of reading, friendships, personal growth and development, plus so much MORE!